Acceptance of Terms
Access to our Website
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our website without notice (see below). We will not be liable if, for any reason, our site is unavailable at any time or for any period. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Using the Website
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access this website through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them. This website should only be used for lawful purposes; therefore, under no circumstances can you use the website for:
- any unlawful purpose;
- promoting any illegal activities, inciting violence or to promote sexually explicit material;
- promoting any form of discrimination;
- the purpose of harming, threatening, defaming or abusing/harassing any other person in a way that invades someone’s privacy or is (in our reasonable opinion) offensive or unacceptable;
- to create, check, confirm, update or amend someone else’s databases, records, directories, customer lists, mailing or prospecting lists;
- to provide any kind of customer lists or commercial information service;
- as a source of material or contact data for any kind of marketing activity;
- to tamper with, update or change any part of the website;
- in a way that affects how it is run;
- in a way that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionably large burden on the website’s technical systems as determined by us; or
- using any automated means to monitor or copy the website or its content, or to interfere with or attempt to interfere with how the website works.
Providing material to The Fair Business Directory
If you provide any material to the website, you agree to grant us permission, free of charge, to use your material in any way we want (including altering and adapting it for operational or editorial reasons) in any media (including social media) worldwide. In certain circumstances, we may share your material with other trusted organisations but only those who have a direct connection with The Fair Business Directory. After posting or emailing your material to the website, you continue to own that material, and you continue to have the right to use your material in any way you choose. Please choose carefully any information you post on the website, as it will be available for public viewing.
By providing any material to the website, and for us to be able to use it, you confirm that:
- your material is your own original work, or you are authorised to provide it to the website;
- your material is not defamatory (that is, it does not damage someone’s good reputation);
- does not take away or affect any other person’s privacy rights, copyright, contract rights or any other rights, and
- your material does not otherwise break any laws of England and Wales;
- you have the right to give us permission to use it for the purposes specified above.
You acknowledge that we do not have a duty to publish any material you have provided. We have the right to:
- reject or refuse to post any material you have provided;
- remove any material from the website, whether or not the material goes against any of these conditions;
- restrict, suspend or stop your access to all or any part of the website at any time.
We will usually display your name with your material on the website, unless you ask us not to (as long as it is possible to do this). We may need to contact you for administrative purposes or to make checks on your material. If you do not want to grant us the permission set out above on these terms, please do not provide any material to the website.
Listing on The Fair Business Directory
All free listings will remain free for an indefinite period with no terms to upgrade, unless it is agreed by you to upgrade the listing.
Your dealings with subscribers or Companies and any entity whatsoever as found through this Directory and this Service are solely between you and such Company, Partnership or entity. You agree that we will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of such dealings or as the result of the presence of a listing on this Service.
You agree to indemnify and hold The Fair Business Directory, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Sites you submit, or make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the Terms and Conditions, or your violation of any rights of another.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You expressly understand and agree that your use of the Service is at your sole risk. We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchant ability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We make no warranty that;
- the Service will meet your requirements;
- the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free;
- the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable, or
- the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Service will meet your expectations.
No information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from The Fair Business Directory or through the Service shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the terms and conditions.
Limitation of Liability
You expressly understand and agree that we shall not be liable for any damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from;
- the use of the inability to use the service;
- the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained, messages received, or transactions entered into through or from the Service;
- statements or conduct of any third party on the Service; or
- any other matter relating to the Service.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Fair Business Directory logo, website design and content are the property of The Fair Business Directory. Without our prior permission, you agree not to display or use The Fair Business Directory content in any manner.
The Fair Business Directory respects the intellectual property of others, and we expect our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been infringed or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide us with the following information: an electronic or physical signature of the person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright; a description of the infringed copyrighted work; a description of where the infringing material is located on the site; your address, email address, and telephone number; a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorised to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Notice of claims of copyright infringement should be sent to us at email@example.com.
We may collect the following information: Name and name of company Contact information including email address and telephone number; Demographic information such as post code, town, county; any other information you supply about your business and services.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons;
- Internal record keeping.
- To display in our online business directory (if you have submitted a listing)
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may occasionally contact you by email to alert you to
Sharing your contact details
You agree that when submitting a contact form or message to a business that the business will then receive your email address and any other information you submit in that message.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure if you no longer want your details made publicly available we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Content you submit
You agree that any information submitted, including text, images, sounds, videos belongs to you or you have permission to submit them. You also agree that we have permission to use it on any of our network of websites and can also upload it to video sharing websites like YouTube for example. You agree to indemnify us from all responsibility and not hold us responsible for displaying any information you submit to us. When signing up with the Fair Business Directory you agree that we may occasionally contact you by email regarding your listing. You may change your mind about this at any time by writing to us via our contact us page or send us an email.
Please note that content means but is not restricted to; Drawings, Photographs, Logos, Videos, Audio files, Graphics, Text.
Rights and responsibilities
The use of this service is at your own risk. If you submit a listing to this directory you will be responsible for maintaining any registrations and insurances that are required for your area of work or profession.
The Fair Business Directory shall act as a portal to present businesses to potential customers, and shall not be liable for prosecution in the event of issues arising from providing service to clients.